I like websites that just list really good content for that day, every day.
Like this Sidebar.io link that I’ve been keeping open.
And Cool Material’s Sunday Hangover.
Which leads me to goodies such as:
Playboy’s The Language of Legs, from The Selvedge Yard.
Seriously. It isn’t purely out of nostalgia. Graphic design looked pretty good back then.
I don’t know where they based their word clouds. But this does seem interesting.
Obviously it has to come with chocolate.
This smart set of “artist/hacker/activists” put together this “subway advertisement upgrade kit”, out of laser-cut acrylic and razor blades.
Maker-culture subversion at it’s finest.
By the way, great Co. Design feature on this batch of maker-culture movies cropping up.
My eyes figuratively bleed sometimes, at how just..good-looking the Co. Design site is.
5. Creative Roots. I love the idea of a global design site, showcasing cultural nuances.
It’s so quiet that after 45 minutes, some people have had hallucinations.
Welcome to the quietest place on earth.
“Butter is a great one start with. It always works, it’s quick, and it’s totally magical.”
4. Cooking and Science – brought to you by Harvard School of Engineering and Applied Sciences. via Open Culture
After things that just make your eyes glaze over through sheer visual awe, now we have things that are cool because they say something about something.
2. Mr. Jones’s “The Accurate” and “The Average Day” watches
Featured in Selectism.
3. Jason Dean’s Day and Night poster
from This Is Colossal
4. Honest shirt. That is one of the truer measures of love. I think.
8. Bad at Math via
And a related article!
9. Word Clocks by Doug Jackson
10. The Computer Dilemma by John Dvorak