I should just admit that I am NEVER going to run out of tabs to close.
A compilation of lovely advice from all over the web.
1. Very helpful: Time to Give Up Your Dreams?
Smart. Talks about how you should gauge your progress against the distance to your goal. “How far have I gone?” versus “How long left to go?”
Really relevant for me. At this time where I’m trying to line up my goals and see how they all fit, or which ones I still like (Do I really want to exert the effort to own three public parks? Would I really want to get that rich or earn a landscape architecture degree or marry insanely wealthy just to achieve that?)
2. 15 Things You Should Give Up to be Happy. via my facebook feed (Thank you, Kai!)
Because I always need reminding.
“‘Would I rather be right, or would I rather be kind?’ – Wayne Dyer. What difference will that make? Is your ego really that big?”
“By letting it go it all gets done. The world is won by those who let it go. But when you try and try. The world is beyond winning.” Lao Tzu
The need to always be right. Need for control. Blame. Self-defeating self-talk. Limiting beliefs. Complaining. The luxury of criticism. Need to impress others. Resistance to change. Labels. Fears. Excuses. The past. Attachments. Living up to people’s expectations.
“28. The best way to get approval is not to need it.
This is equally true in art and business. And love. And sex. And just about everything else worth having.” – Hugh Macleod
“2. Try to be kind to the people who are rude to you. It’s not personal, they’re just having a really bad day/month/life.
7. Surround yourself by only the books, images, music and people that make you happy.
8. Your ability to speak honestly about your weaknesses, failures and disappointments is your greatest strength.
9. Nothing is more fulfilling than helping other people.
17. Be careful about confiding personal information. Relationships change.
18. Go to events and parties and lectures you have no interest in going to.
19. Ask yourself what you want. Then take the necessary steps to get it.
28. Let yourself be happy when you’re happy.”